Blackjack is undoubtedly one of the world’s most known card games. Even if you are not a gambler with a rich experience, you have heard of it for sure. It was widely played in land-based casinos, but with the development of innovations and technologies, anyone can play Blackjack online, there is a variety of different Blackjack games for any taste. Its growing popularity allows now playing that game on your desktop, any mobile device and even against the live dealer online.
It is not the game of chance, as roulette or slots, for example, but the game of skills. For that reason it’s so loved among gamblers around the world. The game of skills means that players are able to control the game and enhance their winning odds.
The game is very simple to play and learn; it’s hard to master it though. The main goal is to get a cards hand having the value of 21, and not to go over it at the same time. The winner is the player who gets the closest to 21. Of course, you can have the advantage of being aware of the remaining cards, if you are able to track the cards dealt already.
There are usually experienced players at the table, so you should practice a bit before starting to play against them. If you are a total newbie, you should read and learn online how to play blackjack before starting to play for real cash.
Deciding whether or not to request another card is a real thrill. Of course, you should have the hand high enough to beat the dealer, but at the same time, not to exceed 21 and go over. You can’t have the overall picture, while only one of his cards is upturned, so you just have ideas on what the dealer might have.
Experience comes with time when playing Blackjack. So, the more you play, the better you become and the higher your chances to win are!
A decision to play Blackjack in one of the best online casinos would be the right one. It will surely give you the feeling of being a real land-based casino player. Along with that, you do not have to leave your home even.
There are many Blackjack variations nowadays. You can select any type of the game you wish when playing online. Choose the one you like most, practice it for free and then go and play it for real money in one of the top online casinos.
Blackjack is rightly considered to be a classic of Las Vegas. Nowadays, online casinos in Canada have a wide range of Blackjack games to offer. So you can easily choose the one suitable for you. You might also get an online bonus when playing that popular game.
Below you will find the list of most popular Blackjack variations among Canadian players online:
- Multi-hand Gold – one of the most intriguing variants of the game.
- Classic Gold – a player has to get a hand at a rate of 21 or less (but higher than the dealer’s hand, or when the dealer goes over 21).
- European Blackjack – the most popular variant among Canadian players.
- Spanish Blackjack – there are 8 decks in the game, but each of them doesn’t contain 52 cards.
- Double Exposure Blackjack – the dealer places two cards face-up. It means you have equal chances.
These are the most popular variants of Blackjack among Canadian players. The detailed information on the existing variants of online Blackjack you are going to find below.
- Atlantic City Blackjack Gold. That variation is very similar to Vegas Strip variant and is created by Microgaming. The only difference is that here you play with 8 standard decks with 52 cards; the cards are to be reshuffled after each hand. You are entitled to double down after a split and to double down on any 2 cards. That would be a great choice for beginners, while it’s really easy to play. Here you can build your skills and practice your strategy.
- Pontoon. That’s the most popular of Blackjack games in such parts of the world as Asia, the UK, and Australia. It’s also played with 8 decks and both of the dealer’s cards are dealt face down. You request a twist instead of hitting with another card. It’s played 2 to 1. In case of splitting Aces, you can get just one extra card on each of them.
- European Blackjack Gold. That’s also a title offered by Microgaming. The rules are absolutely similar to European Blackjack rules. It’s played with four decks and allows you to take insurance in case the dealer shows an ace. Its minimum bet is 5 credits, the maximum one is 50 credits.
- Double Exposure Blackjack. That’s a pretty interesting and exciting Blackjack variant. The dealer here gets 2 cards face up. Once you reach a natural blackjack, you get an even money payout in order to maintain a house edge. Keep in mind that if your hand is tied up with that of the dealer, you lose your bet. But here you can’t surrender or take insurance because both of the dealer’s cards are opened.
- Multi-hand Atlantic City Blackjack. This version of the game is also very exciting, while you are entitled to play 5 hands at once. Five decks of 52 cards are used. The player is entitled to double down after splitting Aces and after a split. In case of splitting Aces, you can draw more cards.
History Of Blackjack
The first version of Blackjack was created in France, the origin of that game is not really known. Vingt-et-Un (21 in French) was the first name of the game, which was played in the 16 the century. However, they played another game at the same time in Spain, and its name was translated as “One and thirty”. Both these games had an influence on the modern variation of Blackjack.
The game came to North America in some time. Here new rules, appealing to American players, were introduced. Nevada casinos started to offer the game to gamblers in 1931. People were attracted by special bets featuring black jacks. That’s why the game got its new name instead of being called “twenty-one”.
After it was delivered to almost all the countries, the game survived many adaptations and improvements in the quantity of decks, different variants of how many times a player can split and whether the dealer or player has to stand.
With the modern technologies and innovations, the favorite casino game survived a real evolution as well. There appeared multiple hands, progressive jackpots and different turbo games. Now players play all those variations which were restricted previously.
Now the players can use extra rewards such as cash bonuses.
How To Play Blackjack
Canadian online casinos nowadays offer any version of online Blackjack both for real money and for free. If you are a total newbie in that game, you should learn its basic rules first. If you are an experienced player, however, read the rules to refresh your knowledge. Below, you will also find some basic tips on how to play Blackjack.
Your strategy depends on where and how you choose to play. After learning basic rules, you can test your new skills at a land-based casino or choose to play against the live dealer online.
Online Blackjack Rules:
1. Before the cards are dealt, all bets should be settled in online real money Blackjack.
2. Each of the players is dealt two cards face up. Each of those cards has its value. The cards from 2 to 10 have a face value and are equal their number. Such cards as the Jack, Queen, and King are all equal 10. An Ace might have a value from 1 to 11 depending on which is the best for the player at the moment.
3. The dealer is dealt 2 cards as well; one face up and another one face down.
4. A player is entitled to hit, split, stand or even double down depending on his hand.
5. The game continues until a player chooses to stand or until he goes over 21 (bust). Each round starts with new bets and a new card is to be dealt.
6. The dealer reveals his hand last. The dealer must stand at 17, hit until his total exceeds 21 or hits a 21.
7. In case the hand of the dealer is lower than the hand of the player (still under 21), or he goes over 21 (busts), the player wins.
The top tips for new blackjack players
- In order to lower the house edge, there are some strategies a player should try out. If you are afraid of losses, try out a free online Blackjack game, which will help you to gain some necessary experience, practice and choose your preferable strategy. You have to try to reduce the house advantage to less than 0.5%.
- The digital cards are shuffled after each hand, so there is no card counting in Blackjack online.
- Always double check the bonus rules at the casino. In order to withdraw your welcome bonus, the sites often credit you with a small percentage of playthrough requirements.
- It doesn’t matter how greatly you play blackjack. But there is always a house advantage in Blackjack online, so remember that.
- That’s a really fun game to play, but that’s just a game, and do not forget to cash out after you had several great winning hands.